Mechanical Technologist / Technician
Opportunity: Mechanical Technologist / Technician (Monarch Group – A Wentworth Technologies Company)
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Reports into:Project Engineering Manager
Hours of work: Full-time – Monday to Friday (Hybrid 3 days office / 2 days remote – with 5 days in the office to start for training purposes)
The Monarch Group is driven by our desire to provide world-class products that satisfy the customer. The Monarch Group is a leading manufacturer of stock and custom container packaging for growing brands, distributors, and contract fillers. With over 100 years of combined packaging expertise, we pride ourselves on creating true partnerships with our customers to help grow their businesses. We have Consolidated into two blow moulding plants in Wisconsin, U.S.A and in Ontario Canada; ideally situated to serve the Midwest and Northeast markets in USA and Canada. Both state-of-the-art plants offer a variety of blow molding, injection molding, re-heat stretch blow molding, post molding decoration, quality control laboratory, design, engineering, and warehousing capabilities.
Monarch and all the Wentworth Businesses have a singular mission – to provide best value to customers, employees, and shareholders. This balanced approach, combined with a passion for growth, places our company in the best position to build and maintain a healthy sustainable business for all.
The incumbent will be responsible to support the Project Engineering Manager with the project management process of mold repairs, refurbishment, maintenance and validation as well as administrative functions of ordering tools and machine parts.
The ideal candidate is hands on, thrives on detail and accuracy, able to manage their time and able to take direction or take the lead. The successful candidate will form an integral part in the development and carrying out of a variety of challenging and new concept projects. The project team supports both our facilities (one based in Oakville, Canada and the other in Kenosha, Wisconsin) and also supports the three platforms that we run out of these facilities consisting of Reheat stretch blow mold, Injection blow mold and Extrusion blow mold machines.
The primary office for this position is Oakville, Canada.
Mold repair/ refurbishment / maintenance for both facilities:
- Identifying the scope of mold repairs / refurbishment required
- Obtain costs associated with the repairs / refurbishment
- Coordinate the shipping and receiving of the molds
- Work closely with vendors and internal operations teams and coordinate across multidisciplinary teams
Mold validation for Oakville facility only:
- Coordinate the purchasing of new molds and parts
- Work with operational and quality teams on mold validation
- Obtain quality data and spec from Quality team
- Ship samples of finished product to customer
- Ship mold for adjustments (if necessary)
Responsible for generating detailed parts listings of Extrusion blow molding tooling / Reheat stretch blow molding change parts and ordering the tooling and parts
Leadership and High-Performance Team Competency
E⁴ Leadership Characteristics:
Energy – Enormous personal energy – Strong bias for action
Energize – Ability to motivate / energize others with infectious enthusiasm
Edge – Competitive spirit, instinctive drive for speed / impact with strong conviction and courage
Execution – Driven to deliver results, create value and build a sustainable business
High Performance Team / Behavioral Competencies
- Able to face reality and take action
- Transparent and Honest
- Seeks collaborative solutions
- Do not accept the status quo
- Interdependent vs Dependent
- Focus on value creation
Preferred Education and Experience
- College diploma in Mechanical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering Technologist discipline
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Experience using CAD software such as Solid Works and AutoCAD in order to create and review technical drawings, plans and specifications
- Good communication, interpersonal and collaborative relationship building skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability
- Ability to work within a fast-paced business environment featuring critical deadlines, multiple project and competing priorities.